Sunday, 12 June 2016

How to Stay Motivated

Hey lovelies

Today I thought I would talk all about motivation. I'm mainly talking in terms of working out, however, it can definitely be transferred into other parts of your life. Motivation plays a massive part in keeping on track, at the gym and staying healthy - as mentioned in my previous post 5 Steps to Healthy and there's really no way that I could manage everything in my life if I did not have motivation to keep going! I go through stages of being super motivated and wanting to be in the gym loads, to being really not bothered and just wanting to sit on the sofa all day eating pizza and cake. These tips really help me out so I thought it was only fair that I shared them, enjoy!



Surround yourself with likeminded people - In all aspects of your life, it is great to spend it with people who are on the same page as you. Who I am with massively influences what I eat and do so try to find other people who are as motivated, or more, to eat well and work out. My boyfriend keeps me motivated to go to the gym every week and it definitely helps that we do very similar workouts (his weights are obviously massively heavier than mine!). Working out with a friend is the best way to motivate you to keep going, you can cheer each other on, share your goals and help each other to reach those goals. Plus you get to chat whilst you are there! Another great help is eating with other people who eat well. When I am surrounded by people eating cakes, biscuits and take-aways, I am much more inclined to cave and go for something unhealthy, however, when cooking with people who are conscious of the food they are putting in their body and know what they should be eating I tend to eat much better. The people you spend your time with have so much influence over your life, more than you probably realise, so choose wisely!



Get yourself some new kit - I always find that when I have a new outfit, I just cannot wait to wear it - surely I can't be the only one?! I don't exactly go to the gym to look good (my red sweaty face says it all!), however, kitting myself out in some fresh new items makes me feel so much better. There are a few brands that I always rely on to have exactly what I need but I am more than happy to try loads of new ones - my favourites are below:
Gymshark can be a little pricey but their clothing never disappoints. Their leggings have the power to make your bum look amazing and everything I have tried is super comfy and breathable.
Nike is probably the most obvious one. I once went through a stage of only wearing Nike gym kit! They have a large range to choose from and you can find them on loads of different clothing sites.
Forever 21 have a lot of similar items as the more expensive brands but at half the price. Again, they have loads to choose from and are lovely and comfy.



Create yourself a killer playlist - The music is going to be one of the main things keeping you going whilst working out so you want this to be upbeat and positive. The best songs are ones that make you feel bad-ass and like you can conquer the world; Beyonce is great for that! There are also plenty of playlists already created, I like going through the ones on Spotify as they have such an array of songs, depending on your music taste. 



#inspo - For the times you feel your motivation lacking, find yourself some inspiration! I find that following a load of fit people on Instagram really helps because you see how they look and what they eat to look like that. Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube are also great. Watching workout videos means you can see how to perform different moves and you can also see what the more successful athletes do. If ever I'm feeling lazy and don't feel like going to the gym, I look through Instagram and watch a couple of videos and I'm feeling motivated in no time. My favourites are below:
Instagram Nikki BlackketterEm SheldonJazmine Garcia
YouTube Nikki BlackketterEm SheldonHeidi Somers



Eat well - When you eat better, you feel better and when you feel better, you are more likely to work out and vice versa! I always find that on the days that I go to the gym, I am so much more likely to eat really well for the rest of the day, however, the days that I don't, I always crave unhealthy food. Putting the best possible foods into your body gives it the fuel it needs to perform every day tasks, as well as working out. A great idea is to read about what the best and worst kinds of foods are and find some new and exciting recipes. I am thinking of sharing a few good recipes with you, but there are plenty out there already so get reading!



Mix it up - Life is to be lived so you don't want to be stuck doing a boring workout because then you are more likely to give up! Mix it up, change things around, try something new and keep things exciting! I am constantly making changes and introducing new things to my workouts. I don't want to get stuck in a rut so this is where the inspiration comes into play; see what moves other people are doing and give it a go. You want to do the best thing for you, so if you would rather do a class at the gym then do it. If running is your thing then get running etc etc. Find what works best for you and what you enjoy most and go for it. I love the quote 'Believe you can and you're halfway there' and that's so true. The hardest part of a workout is getting yourself to do one!



If your are enjoying what you are doing then it is so much easier to get up and do it.

Jess xx



Sports bra: Ivy Park at Topshop


Shoes: Nike




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© JessicaLouise. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig